Kyogre's Mystery Survivor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kyogre's Mystery Survivor

Forum for Kyogre's Mystery Survivor: Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)

Go down 
+6
Lisa Whelchel
Jonathan Penner
Joaquin Souberbielle
Jefra Bland
Neleh Dennis
Jeff Probst
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) Empty
PostSubject: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) Surviv20

There's a very big chance this will be changed to an extended deadline challenge and Friday's challenge will be cancelled. I'll let you guys know tomorrow for sure. It's still going to be posted at the same time it's scheduled for, 9pm ET/6pm PT

Back to top Go down
Neleh Dennis

Neleh Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I'd love an extended deadline <3
Back to top Go down
Jefra Bland

Jefra Bland

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Same because I won't be anywhere close to this site Friday night most likely lol
Back to top Go down
Joaquin Souberbielle

Joaquin Souberbielle

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:32 pm

extended? hmmm I have to work Friday, so as long as it's not endurance then fine. but I'm thinking of maybe creating a flag and or scattergories?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Penner

Jonathan Penner

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 6:34 pm

So is it a regular challenge today or creative?
Back to top Go down
Lisa Whelchel

Lisa Whelchel

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:08 pm

I hope it's endurance
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Me too
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Hey guys sorry. It's not endurance, but it's extended deadline. It will be posted about half an hour later than scheduled though. Not sure what time exactly but it will be in less than 2 hours, when I get home. Again, it's not live. Sorry in advance
Back to top Go down
Jay Byars

Jay Byars

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:29 pm

How long is the deadline? I may go out tonight with some buddies and if we have through the morning then I won't stick around.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) Survivor_group_121213_360

Come on in guys!

Ok ready for tonight's immunity challenge?

I need to go to bed early tonight so I have decided to give you all an extended deadline challenge. This is a challenge that is used frequently in many games, so hopefully you are all familiar with it.

Scattergories

Quote :
Rules:

Find a word that begins with the letter given.

Point assignment:

+2 points for every word that begins with the letter given

+1 point for every other time the letter shows up in your word. So, if the letter is "A", the word airplane would be worth 3 points. However, if you write "cat", you will not get any points, because the word does not begin with the letter A.

-One letter words will only count as 1 point. If the letter is I and you write "I Won Immunity", that will be worth 4 points.

-If you write the same answer for a category as somebody else, then neither person will get points for that category.

-If the category is an animal or plant, scientific or common names are both allowed, but be prepared to show proof if I ask you for it.

The winner of this challenge will be the person that collects the most amount of points after all the scores have been calculated. You will have until Saturday @ 3pm ET/12pm PT to submit an answer sheet. Once I post the scores and the winner, you will have approximately 24 hours from that post to vote, so make sure you check the forum as often as you can on Saturday afternoon/evening.

If you have any questions, you can ask me and I will try to answer as fast as I can but just wanted to let you know that I will be mobile most of tomorrow so I wont be as quick to answer questions or make private rooms.

And here are your categories and your letter. Remember that you have until Saturday @3pm ET/12pm PT to submit an answer sheet. I will not accept anything submitted after that, even if late by only one second.

-An animal

-A fruit

-The name of a Pokemon:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_name

-A Survivor IMDb player from seasons 1-60 (as their username appears in the OP, I dont care if anyone has changed names since then, pick someone as they appear in the OP):

http://imdbprofile.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=official&action=display&num=1214151435

-The name of a mystery CHARACTER that anyone has played as in any Mystery game (Survivor/Big Brother/etc etc). Please only use games that can be found in the OP:

http://imdbprofile.conforums.com/index.cgi

-A Survivor US player (nicknames do not count. So nothing like BOSTON Rob or Chicken or Coach)

-A Big Brother US or Canada player (only from the English Canadian version, the one hosted by Arisa Cox)

-The name of an 80's song (as part of an album released between January 1980 and December 1989) The song must be in English!

Letter: A

Last edited by Jeff Probst on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joaquin Souberbielle

Joaquin Souberbielle

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:27 pm

HAHA! I CALLED IT! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Back to top Go down
Lisa Whelchel

Lisa Whelchel

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Jeff's going to bed early he's totally getting laid tonight lol
Back to top Go down
Joaquin Souberbielle

Joaquin Souberbielle

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:34 pm

EWWW LISA! MY VIRGIN EARS pale
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Lisa Whelchel wrote:
Jeff's going to bed early he's totally getting laid tonight lol

ROFL. No, I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the airport and catch a 6am flight Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 am

I'm a little late for questions. We post this in our confessionals?
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 9:39 am

Yes please. If you already submitted through PMs, you are fine. But if you still need to submit, please post in your confessional area.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 10:28 am

Ok I am still tired from all the traveling and partying yesterday and I just realized I gave two people two completely different answers to their question, oops. So here's the official rule regarding this topic:

If you write someone's name, say, Natalie Anderson, and the letter is N, you would only get 2 points for that, not 4. Same thing, if the letter was A, you would get 2 points, not 5.  If your answers are more than one word long (like for example names) it's ok if the first name doesnt start with the letter given, as long as at least one name does. You only get points for words that start with the letter.

BUT if the letter is M and your answer is Mary Summers, you would only get TWO points, not 4.

Because of this fuck up, you are allowed to submit one more time only, if you already submitted, but only if you want to change any of  your answers. I will also extend the deadline to 5pm ET/2pm PT.
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:21 pm

I don't get the point system anymore Jeff Laughing. Natalie Anderson has 2 N's. Do you mean it has to be N's in the same word?
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:30 pm

It has 3 unless I am going crazy? Natalie Anderson

You would only get two points for that for the N in Natalie but not the two points for the two N's in Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 1:02 pm

You're right Laughing. Thus making it that last names and second words do not count? We are best to get one word answers if I'm reading this right. How would a USER ID be counted if the words are split with - or _, etc?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Penner

Jonathan Penner

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:
It has 3 unless I am going crazy? Natalie Anderson

You would only get two points for that for the N in Natalie but not the two points for the two N's in Anderson.

Wait what? Why wouldn't the other N's count?! Only letters in the first word count for points? That doesn't make any sense
Back to top Go down
Jeff Probst
Admin
Jeff Probst

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Because Anderson doesnt start with N and I said

Quote :
+2 points for every word that BEGINS with the letter given

+1 point for every other time the letter shows up in your word. So, if the letter is "A", the word airplane would be worth 3 points. However, if you write "cat", you will not get any points, because the word does not begin with the letter A.

Guys, it was in the rules. You didnt ask questions about this so I assumed you knew what I meant. Deadline has passed so I will go grade now.
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Good luck to the person who got the rules before the second deadline Laughing Even then I still got it wrong. I know you wrote that Jeff but for some reason there was no reason for me to ask questions, I was sure I got it. You example is two 1 word answers so I never made the connection both words, both names, had to start with the letter. We can't just extend and extend, I get that and it's ok.
Back to top Go down
Matt Elrod

Matt Elrod

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Just for next time though, I would use a two word answer as an example like Mickey Mouse. Airplane and cat did hot help me at all understand this Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Penner

Jonathan Penner

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 4:12 pm

It's very rare any of the answers will have 2 words that start with A, and the ones that do will obviously be taken by someone else canceling it out completely. There's little to no room for clever answers.

My animal one was so good too Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)   Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Individual Immunity Challenge #3 (Tubtin)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next